Launching Romance into the stars.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Nathan Fillion as Malcolm Reynolds

My favorite Science Fiction hero is Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly. I love that he appears to have a moral compass that gets thrown out of wack by bad guys. And he gets all flustered when Inara is standing by. Is it because she is beautiful or that her talent is sexual pleasure? I'm guess both.







The reason is Nathan Fillion. He said during an interview that  his mother told him as a child, "you are a nerd, your gift is that you look normal." Well, that's putting it mildly. I fell for him as the boyfriend on Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place. A little dorky but oooh soo cute.

The other night I'm watching Jimmy Kimmel and here comes Nathan. He mentions that he recently moved and it was sad because at his old address his cat was in the Google Street View. *awe* Then he said he walked onto the porch of his new place and the Google camera vehicle was coming down the road. So he did the typical nerd/geek thing and thought of a pose to strike for the Street View cameras.


It's why we love him. Oh! and his ass.. for those of you who do not have the Firefly DVD set I offer you a picture from the extras. 



Happy Friday Fellow Browncoats. May the Reavers never find you and the profits be large. *Cough*

Graylin Fox

4 comments:

Jessica E. Subject said...

Oh, Graylin, you put a huge grin on my face with this one. :D LOVE Nathan Fillion!

Unknown said...

That ass stopped my DVR the first time I saw it.

Anonymous said...

Loved him SO much in this role! Wish we could have seen him kiss Inara. *Swoon*

D L Jackson said...

Oh, I love Mal.

Loved the episode that starts with him sitting naked on a rock.

Genius.

*coughs*