Here's the idea:
- Answer the 10 questions below
- Spread the fun and tag 5 awesome people to participate!
1. What is the title of your book / WIP?
It's called Alien Adoration, which is the first book in the Alien Next Door trilogy.
2. Where did the idea of this book come from?
For the first book, I was inspired by the song, Spaceman, by Bif Naked.
3. What genre would your book fall under?
Definitely Science Fiction Romance, specifically Alien Romance.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Gerard Butler as Jake, and Anne Hathaway as Rachel.
5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
In the small town of Hanton, Rachel has fantasized about her sexy neighbor since the day he moved in, but will she still feel the same way when she learns he's an alien?
6. Is your book published or represented?
Neither. I'm still writing it.
7. How long did it take you to write it?
Not sure. Still working on it. LOL
8. What other books in your genre would you compare it to?
Oh, I don't like to compare my books to other authors. I think I have a style all my own. Unlike most other Sci-Fi Romance stories, mine are heavy on the romance, and light on the science.
9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?
I wouldn't say any inspired this book in particular. I was cleaning my family room, listening to Spaceman when the idea popped into my head.
10. Tell us anything else that might pique our interest in your book.
Jake, the hero, came to Earth as a little boy. He managed to blend into the planets culture and become a licensed carpenter. Two years ago, he returned to the small town, Hanton, where he originally arrived on the planet. He remembers the little girl who comforted him the first night, but does she remember him?
Rachel fantasizes nightly about her sexy neighbor, anything to keep away the childhood memories of the day her life changed. But she doubts he'll ever change his playboy ways to look her way. When he rescues her not once, but twice from disastrous dates, he actually asks her out. Finally, her life in the small town becomes bearable, until she learns the truth.
And now, the five talented authors I'm tagging to share the fun.
Monica Enderle Pierce