Today I've decided to post a list of the top ten things I experience while reading, or after I have finished a book that are sure signs I loved the story.
- I read the story while I'm exercising.
- I continue reading the story after I've finished exercising.
- It made me laugh.
- It made me cry.
- My chest constricts, and I get a lump in my throat when the characters are upset.
- I'm ready to reach into the book and give certain characters a piece of my mind. If I had a more violent personality, I might just have to hurt them.
- I never want to put the book or my e-reader down.
- I take it to bed with me, just in case I'm awake in the middle of the night.
- I burn meals because I forget about them while reading.
- When I finish the story, I want more. More from the author, and more about the characters.
Oh, and don't forget to Get your Geek-Sexy on with DL Jackson and enter to WIN a $20 Think Geek gift certificate as she dispels common misconceptions about science fiction romance. Contest ends tonight (Thursdsay) at midnight.