Launching Romance into the stars.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

New Writer On The Blog


Hello, everyone! I'm Jessica Subject, and I'm new on the blog, so I thought I'd stop by and introduce myself. But first, I must thank DL Jackson for inviting me to join the blog. Not only is she an awesome author, but a fabulous critique partner, and great friend. Thank you! :)

And hello to Graylin Fox another wonderful author, who also joins the blog! *waves*

So, every Thursday, I will be blogging here, and I'll also be a part of Backward Momentum's First Annual Valentine's Bash. It's the first of hopefully many science fiction romance events we'll be holding on this blog.

About me. Well, I'm a wife, a mother of two, and I also have a part-time job on top of all my writing. I started putting pen to paper when my daughter was in kindergarten. She hated reading, to the point where she would scream and cry when she had reading homework to do. I thought if I wrote her a book about something she liked (superheroes), she might enjoy reading more. Well, that story turned into my Mark of the Stars series (and the superheroes turned into aliens), which she can't read until she's much older. But now she loves reading and reads above her grade level in English, and even reads French.

My first published work is Celestial Seduction, which released in July 2011 as part of Decadent Publishing's 1Night Stand series. I have two other stories as part of this series, Beneath the Starry Sky, and Unknown Futures. The first story in The Underground scifi/dystopian series, Never Gonna Let You Go, releases on January 31, and The Zurian Child, my first novel, and the first book in my Mark of the Stars series releases March 24. I have several other projects on the go right now as well.


Favorites:

Color - green
Food - pasta
Time of Day- in the morning when everyone else is sleeping
Music - pop and dance
TV Show - Castle
Movie - Um, so hard to pick just one, but...Star Trek (2009)
Place to visit - Duchesnay Falls
Superhero - Superman

You can also find me here:


Thanks for stopping by, and we'll see you next Thursday!

All the best!
JES

8 comments:

Pippa Jay said...

Hi Jessica,
Best of luck with your new endeavour. :)

Pauline said...

Congrats on the new blog and good luck going forward!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thank you so much, Pippa and Pauline! :)

D L Jackson said...

So glad to have you onboard, Jessica, and uber excited about our Valentine's bash.

Angela Ackerman said...

*waves* You'll do a great job here, I know it :)

Angela

Jessica E. Subject said...

@DL - Just as excited about Valentine's Bash. Will be tons of fun. :)

@Angela - *waves back* Thank you, my Bookshelf Muse friend!

LaynaPimentel said...

Congrats, Jessica! I'll have to add this site to my google reader now. :D

Jessica E. Subject said...

Hey Layna! Thanks so much! :)