Launching Romance into the stars.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Book Video Trailers - What do you think?

With the rise of social networking, authors have resorted to many different ways to promote their books, one of them being video trailers to give an inside peak into their stories. What do you think? Do book trailers influence you to buy a book?

Take a look at these science fiction romance book trailers:






So, tell me, did any of these make you want to go buy the book? What did you like best about the trailers? What would you like to see different?



Jessica Subject started writing to encourage her daughter to read. Now she writes to keep herself grounded. Although she reads many genres, she enjoys writing Science Fiction Romance the most and believes everyone in the universe deserves a happily ever after. She lives Southwestern Ontario, Canada with her husband and two kids and loves to hear from anyone who has enjoyed her stories.

3 comments:

Nancy Jardine Author said...

I love making my own trailers but I have to say I have no idea who watches them. I just wish I had mire time to view trailers and then buy and read books. However, I'd love to think that readers-who are only readers-will get some stimilus from a good trailer.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thanks, Nancy! I love to make them, too. I have bought some books based on the trailers, and find them through the recommendation of other authors usually. :)

Pippa Jay said...

I love making trailers - sometimes I've made them for a book I haven't finished because it helps me see the timeline on the story - and I watch them too. But I can't say it's actually made me buy the book. Normally a trailer I see I've already bought the book or have it on my TBR list. Thanks for featuring Keir in your post. :)