Launching Romance into the stars.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Coming Soon

Clone is coming soon. That's right. After five long years of work, it's ready for publication. This novel, in my opinion, was the hardest, most emotional novel I've written. I hope you'll join me in November, when I release Clone--The Book of Eva, Book I in the Clone Trilogy, and enter a world of forbidden love, deception and enemies who are cloaked as friends.

In the year 2087, a great war erupts on the planet and a struggle to survive begins. One hundred-fifty years later, the continent of America is divided into two factions, Aeropia and The United Regions. There is a shortage of food and an abundance of illness, leaving most to live on the scraps of the wealthy, who wallow in excess.

This is the world Olivia Braun inherits. Sick from birth, she wakes up from surgery with a new heart, only to discover she is the youngest president of Aeropia, an empire that has created and used clones to maintain their position of supremacy since the war. However, Olivia’s rise to power is no accident. Before her transplant, she conspired with a clone to free those enslaved, but the outcome is not what she expects.

Now, enemies hide among the population, and even friends can no longer be trusted. Olivia must make a choice that will decide the fate of an empire. Before her tale of corruption, forbidden love and war ends, the mighty will be brought to their knees.

By a clone.


5 comments:

Barbara Elsborg said...

Very nice!!!

D L Jackson said...

Thanks, Barbara.

Jessica E. Subject said...

I love the cover! And I'm SO looking forward to this book and the subsequent ones releasing. :) Who is the cover artist?

LJ Garland said...

This looks awesome, D.L.! Looking forward to the release! :)

D L Jackson said...

Thanks so much. I'm excited to try independently publishing this trilogy. I've been wanting to for a while, but wasn't sure which I wanted to try it with.

Fantasia Frog did the cover, but I had to go through Wizards in Publishing to get it. They currently aren't taking on any outside cover jobs according to their site.

I was thrilled I could still get a cover from them.