Launching Romance into the stars.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Book Spotlight: Cavern of Youth by Kashif Ross


Cavern of Youth by Kashif Ross:

Kay has a new life and identity, but he can't stop thinking about the past. The longer he's away from his abusive mother and Helios, the more he obsesses over them. In order to kill the woman that pitted him against Spencer, Kay re-enrolls at Colt Academy and watches his brother's every move.

Upon his return, Kay befriends a beautiful warrior that may have the hots for him. Unable to trust her intentions, he keeps his distance like he does with everyone else. Yet, his dark heart leads him back to Angie. Like his plan for Spencer to fight Helios, Kay develops a scheme to strengthen the gladiator princess. And this time, he's willing to put his life on the line.

Dennis convinces Kay to change his appearance, but it comes at a cost; he becomes half the man he once was. Without his power, Kay must use his intuition to sneak out of deadly situations. There's a parade of obstacles in his way, including his own fate, which many people know about, but he knows very little.

Excerpt:

Blurry images and very little color slowly merge into my world. Sadly, the first thing I hear is the most terrifying sound of all.

Hayley bursts through the hospital doors and that’s a bit difficult to do. Most of these barriers are a very heavy glass material and they automatically slide to the side. Obviously, she couldn’t wait.

Dennis runs in front of my large hospital bed. Carmen and Richard are still glaring at my motionless body.
They continue complaining about Malik until Hayley explodes, “Get out of my way, now!” Instantly, their eyes focus on the demon before them. She’s ready to slice through Dennis and it shows.

“He’s still not up.”

“He’s about to be!” Hayley jerks and stands upright. With a softer tone she asks, “Wait. Did he recover?”

“That’s the crazy part. The bandages were killing him last night, but like I told you over the phone, he jumped out of the bed and we found him in Casey’s classroom almost completely healed.”

“Has he recovered?” she angrily spouts one more time.

“Yes.”

That’s all the confirmation she needs to shove Dennis to the side and approach my gigantic bed. It’s so big, she has to crawl on it to reach me in the center. This spectacular cloud of delicious goodness was massaging my back, but even it senses the danger approaching. Once she reaches me, it shuts off.

An inch away from my ear she blares, “Get up now!” Hayley remorselessly grabs my cheeks with both hands and pinches them wildly. We both scream together as she lifts me from the bed. “Are you out of your mind? Who in the hell told you to jump off of a mile high building?”

“Fifty yard course,” I cry.

“Don’t give a damn. Are you out of your mind?”

“I’m sorry.”

“You’re sorry? Do you know, I was worried sick about you all night? Then I find out this morning that you got out of your damn bed and crawled down the stairs!”

“I took the elevator.”

“Shut the hell up.” Hayley throws me back on my pillow. She completes the assault by punching me in the leg. Each of her knuckles provide me with an incredible amount of pain. “I can hurt you now. Good!”

Buy Link:



No comments: