Launching Romance into the stars.

Monday, December 17, 2012

The Next Best Thing, Finding Mercy




Oh, here I am, on The Next Best Thing, blog hop. Nose to the grindstone here, and though I tried to find other authors whom I could twist an arm or two, alas, they all beat me to this blog hop. So, I'll just post a little bit about some authors I think are fabulous and talk a little about my upcoming title, Finding Mercy.
I was tagged by J.M. Madden, a fabulous writer, who is penning a series to help wounded vets. What’s not to love? You can learn more about her books here: http://jmmadden.com

Barbara Elsborg is the first author on my list you need to check out. She's been a good friend for many years, was there when I started my writing journey. Her title Strangers is one of my all time favorite contemporary romances. This book will take you on a roller coaster ride of ups and down. You’ll laugh. You’ll cry, and you’ll walk away with a new to you author that you’ll have to have more from. http://www.barbaraelsborg.com/

Arlene Webb is my next author. Her voice is one of the most unique I’ve read in years. Her stories are thought provoking and deep. If you want a book that will give you more than an escape, and challenge you intellectually, she’s the author for you. http://arlenewebb.com/
 
Sharon Fisher has just published her science fiction romance, Ghost Planet. The twists in this tale, the plot and setup are intriguing. If you’ve never tried science fiction romance, this is a good planet-based tale to cut your teeth on. You don’t get lost in the science, merely immersed in a world where it feels natural, not textbook. She does a brilliant job blending the science and fiction into a romantic tale of courage, human grit and sacrifice. http://www.sharonlynnfisher.com/


This blog hop includes ten questions to help you learn more about an author’s current work in progress, so here’s a little info about my current project:

1: What is the working title of your book? Finding Mercy

2: Where did the idea come from for the book? My publisher suggested they’d like to see a series on people who prepare for disasters, a.k.a. Preppers. When I get an idea seeded, like a burr under a saddle, it doesn’t go away. It digs at me until I do something about it, and I firmly believe that was my publishers intent when she told me about her idea. She knows me well. From there I went back to my roots and my home town of Alliance, Nebraska, which has the unique distinction of having a bomb shelter under it. In the 1940s the United States Army installed the shelter when they built the Airfield to train fighter pilots just outside the town. Its existence is a little known fact to most of the population of the United States. From there, I went to my what ifs? What if a town was flattened by tornadoes and those that decided to stay, decide they will prepare for the future to prevent the loss of life from happening again.

3: What genre does your book fall under? Contemporary/military romance.

4: Which actors/actresses would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Scarlett Johannson is an easy one for Mercy. As for Sargent Justin Redway, a little harder, but probably Taylor Kitsch. The right age, the right look. Taylor looked great as John on Mars.

5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? You’ll die in three minutes without oxygen, three hours without shelter, three days without water, and three weeks without food, but can you live a lifetime with a broken heart?
6: Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Published by Decadent, but I’m not represented by an agent at this time. I’m considering looking for one. This will be my 18th published story and it’s getting hard to keep up with the requests rolling my way.


7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? One month. That burr was really digging. LOL

8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? I don’t know of any other Prepper stories at this time. I’m sure there are, but I haven’t read them.

9: Who or What inspired you to write this book? Preppers inspired me, along with the people of my hometown, and the bug my publisher put in my ear. I’d say it was a joint effort.

10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? Finding Mercy is part of a multi-author series. Two other “Evans Point”stories will be released the day after Doomsday along with Finding Mercy. They are, The Princess and the Prepper by Barbara Elsborg and Falling For Water by Arlene Webb. These two authors are amazing and I'm so thrilled they joined me in this series.

Please check out my website:  www.authordljackson.com

Thanks for stopping by,

 D L Jackson

 

No comments: